Friday, December 1, 2017

Postcards for the weekend 63: Singapore Merlion & Supertrees

I have a colleague from our HQ in the US who will visit Singapore next week. He's coming for one big project I've been working on and hoping to finish before the year ends. Since he will be traveling literally from the other side of the world to help me and that it will be his first time in Singapore, I'm planning to make sure I can tour him even for a little bit while he's here.


The Merlion Park is always a good place to start a quick tour. Merlion is a half fish, half lion mythical creature used as the iconic symbol of Singapore.


From the Merlion Park, as it gets darker, we can walk towards the left and aim for the Helix Bridge. This bridge was intentionally build to take a left-handed DNA-like design.


There's a series of different colors illuminating the bridge. In this postcard, which was taken from a wider angle, the yellow has turned into blue lights. The lotus-shaped ArtScience Museum is also visible to the right of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel.


If the night is still young, I will bring him to see the Supertrees. It is at the back of Marina Bay Sands Hotel, where there's a free outdoor Music and Light Show called Garden Rhapsody. I've previously featured more postcards for the Supertrees at the Gardens by the Bay, here.


Walking in a counter-clockwise direction, if we're lucky, we might also catch the Spectra, another free outdoor Light and Water Show in front of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel.

I hope this sounds like a good sightseeing plan!

Happy weekend everyone,
~maria




3 comments:

  1. Hi Maria, What a neat selection of cards! Singapore is such an amazing city. I wish I was your co-worker coming in from the US for your tour of the city. Your tour sounds excellent! Thanks for a great post here on Postcards for the Weekend. Have a great week ahead! John

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful collection of wonderful evening/night views. Thank you for sharing, Maria!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: